Client: Bord na Móna
Liffey Developments were acting as a main contractor and PSCS on this project.
The remediation works were carried out under a Section 55 Notice issued from Laois County Council following a European Court Ruling (C–494 / 01) against Ireland dealing with the issue of illegal landfill.
- Site Investigation
- Site security – Hoarding / C.C.T.V. Installation
- Topographic Surveys – Pre - Excavation / Pre - Restoration / Post Restoration
- Demolition of Existing Infrastructure
- Surface / Ground Water and Leachate Management Works (558,000 litres removed from site)
- Bulk Excavation 6.0m deep (23,000m3 excavated)
- Soil testing and analysis & Construction of waste segregation areas
- Hazardous Waste Excavation / Treatment and Removal From Site (38,700 tonnes removed from site)
- Environmental Monitoring & Management (Water / Dust / Noise / Odours
- Site Restoration (53,500 tonne imported fill material)
- Design and Implementation of Post Restoration Drainage Works
- Decommissioning of existing wells and Leachate wells
- Boundary treatment and planting